The IIOP has commissioned a bespoke Mentorship Skills Training Programme specifically for pharmacists, facilitated by the hugely experienced team from Kingstown College. This one day training event is free of charge, open to all pharmacists and would be particularly useful for individuals who have an interest in supporting colleagues and developing others.
Spaces are limited, so we encourage you to sign up before they fill up!
The benefits of being a mentor are well recognized and wide ranging and include:
- Enhanced learning from the mentoring experience where mentors often report as much and sometimes more learning than mentees
- The opportunity to practice good developmental behaviours and additional skills outside your own direct line responsibilities
- Development of your own self-awareness
- Greater understanding of other areas of the profession
- Enhanced job satisfaction – stimulating and rewarding fresh challenge, sense of pride in mentee’s achievements
Mentors also describe feeling more confident in their roles and often comment on the satisfaction derived from being a small part of someone else’s success.
About the event facilitators
These training events are facilitated by the hugely experienced team from Kingstown College in Dublin. Kingstown College is a dynamic career training and development institution which specialises in leadership development, management, coaching and mentoring programmes
As the numbers are limited for this event, if you are not able to attend please use the unenrol option to allow your place be allocated to someone on the waiting list.