Accreditation of CPD Courses
Accreditation can be defined as the process in which a provider submits to an in-depth analysis of a given programme to determine its capacity to provide a quality CPD programme in accordance with clearly defined accreditation criteria.
To assure the quality of CPD programmes which have been commissioned by the Irish Institute of Pharmacy (IIOP), the IIOP undertakes accreditation of these programmes in accordance with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI) accreditation standards and the criteria determined by the IIOP.
The IIOP accreditation process has several stages including:
• Internal Review by the training programme provider
• Validation of the application by the Institute
• Assessment of the application by individual peer reviewers
• A formal meeting of the accreditation team
• Preparation of the accreditation reports
The current version of the IIOP’s accreditation process can be found here.
Training providers of CPD programmes which have been commissioned by the IIOP should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and guidelines relevant to the accreditation of their programme.
Return to Training Providers.