Annual IMSN Conference 2019
On Fri 22nd Nov 2019, the Irish Medication Safety Network (IMSN) hosts their tenth annual conference in RCSI building, 26 York Street, Stephens Green, Dublin 2.
This year’s conference will bring together regulators, professional bodies, health services, medication safety innovators and local and international representative bodies.
The conference topics will address key elements of reducing avoidable harm from medications by examining:
- Inspection against quality standards
- Medication-related litigation
- Innovative approaches to systematic capture of medication errors and near-misses
- Current risk reduction strategies for high alert medications
- National and international responses to the WHO Medication Without Harm Global Patient Safety challenge.
Anticipated outcomes for attendees and the health system are a shared understanding of respective roles in reducing harm from medication errors and a shared vision for a systematic, collaborative open approach to improving patient safety by preventing avoidable harm.
A full agenda, with an opportunity for attendees to network with colleagues, and bring back learning locally to enhance safe medication care for patients in Irish hospitals.
Pre-registration is mandatory, and is available here.