Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypoglycaemia and the Supply and Administration of Glucagon Training Programme
This programme is a fully online and self-directed training programme, designed and delivered by NICPLD. The programme aims to help you acquire new knowledge and provide you with opportunities to develop skills in reviewing the literature on clinical studies. It also aims to assist you in interpreting the clinical evidence presented and derive your own conclusions based on this evidence.
As the programme is online and self-directed, it is designed to be interactive. Participants will engage in self-assessment, case study scenarios and learning assessment activities while working through the various elements in the programme. The design allows you to work through the various sections in your own time and you do not have to complete the online programme in one sitting.
You must be logged in to book a place on this programme.
The aim of this training is to enable pharmacists to:
- Diagnose and treat hypoglycaemia
- Refresh their knowledge on the properties and usage of glucagon
- Supply and administer glucagon in emergency situations in line with SI 449 of 2015
- Manage possible side effects or adverse events resulting from administration of glucagon
- Store glucagon in line with the SmPC
- Make appropriate records following supply and administration of glucagon in an emergency
- To provide pharmacists with the knowledge to provide emergency care to patients with diabetes