Diagnosis and Treatment of an Acute Asthmatic Attack and the Supply and Administration of Salbutamol Training Programme
This programme is a fully online and self-directed training programme, designed and delivered by the IIOP.
The aim of this training programme is to enable pharmacists to diagnose and treat an acute asthmatic attack and supply and administer salbutamol in an emergency situation.
As the programme is online and self-directed, it is designed to be interactive. Participants will engage in self-assessment, case study scenarios and learning assessment activities while working through the various elements in the programme. The design allows you to work through the various sections in your own time and you do not have to complete the online programme in one sitting.
In advance of administering vaccinations and emergency medicines, pharmacists should review the PSI training requirements to ensure they have completed all the required training programmes. The PSI training requirements can be viewed here: PSI website
You must be logged in to the IIOP website to book a place on this programme.
The aim of this training programme is to allow pharmacists to:
- Diagnose and treat an acute asthmatic attack
- Refresh their knowledge on the properties and usage of salbutamol, and the supply and administration of salbutamol in emergency situations
- Manage possible side effects or adverse events resulting from the administration of salbutamol
- Store salbutamol in line with the SmPC
- Make appropriate records following the supply and administration of salbutamol in an emergency