This online course aims to provide pharmacists with the knowledge to deliver evidence-based care to patients with diabetes. It should take approximately 10 hours to complete; however this does not have to take place over one sitting.
This course has been updated for 2016 to reflect the most recent guidance published by NICE in December 2015.
You must be logged in to book a place on this course.
On successful completion of this programme participants will be able to:
- identify risk factors associated with developing diabetes
- distinguish between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- describe evidence-based practice in managing patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- recognise the various parameters that are used to judge metabolic control
- make recommendations to prevent the complications of diabetes or manage them should they occur and educate patients in relation to this
- provide guidance on monitoring diabetes in special cases, such as pregnancy
- provide accurate, quality and safe information to patients and healthcare professionals regarding pharmacological management of diabetes
- encourage and facilitate patient adherence to medicines.