This online course aims to equip pharmacists to promote effective management of hypertension and dyslipdaemia, thereby assisting patients to reduce their risk of CVD. It should take approximately 6 hours to complete; however this does not have to take place over one sitting.
You must be logged in to book a place on this course.
On successful completion of this programme participants will be able to:
- define CVD, disease burden and public health policy in Ireland
- promote the role of the pharmacists in identifying and assessing CV risk factors
- use evidence-based guidelines and resources to conduct medication reviews and optimize treatment of hypertension and dyslipdaemia
- educate patients about CVD prevention, self-management and lifestyle strategies
- provide accurate and safe information to patients and healthcare professionals on the drug management of CV risk factors
- encourage and facilitate patient adherence to medicines
- prevent or resolve problems that patients experience with medicines
- identify the need for, plan and implement new services relating to CVD prevention, with a focus on optimising disease management.