This online course aims to equip pharmacists with the knowledge to deliver a safe and supportive service to patients prescribed anticoagulants. It should take approximately 6 hours to complete; however this does not have to take place over one sitting.
You must be logged in to book a place on this course.
On successful completion of this programme participants will be able to:
- describe the coagulation cascade and indications for anticoagulant therapy
- describe the mode of action of oral and parenteral anticoagulants
- advise on the importance of regular INR monitoring for coumarin anticoagulants
- identify and resolve common medicines management and safety issues in anticoagulated patients
- follow best evidence-based practice guidance to improve safe use of anticoagulants
- promote safe use of anticoagulants in pregnant women
- provide accurate, quality and safe information to patients, their carers and healthcare professionals regarding the safe and appropriate use of anticoagulants
- encourage and facilitate patient adherence to medicines