Peer Support Pharmacists
Peer Support Pharmacists (PSP) have been appointed by the Institute to assist and support pharmacists in learning about the new CPD model. The PSPs will:
- Serve as a conduit for communication between the Institute and members of the profession.
- Assist pharmacists in understanding the new CPD model and how it will work
- Inform pharmacists about the role of the Institute in relation to the delivery of the CPD model
- Inform and educate pharmacists about the learning management system and pharmacy e-portfolio that will be available to pharmacists
- Provide feedback from the profession to the Institute on an ongoing basis to highlight barriers to implementation of the CPD framework and to facilitate the continuous improvement of the Institute’s services.
- Assist in the development of a culture of peer support and peer review
- Assist in the development of a culture of self-directed learning and reflective practice
Peer Support Pharmacists will deliver their role through a range of activities, which will develop as the Institute grows.
For 2015, PSPs will undertake the following activities:
Delivery of training sessions on the ePortfolio to pharmacists. These sessions will be advertised early in 2015 and can be booked under courses and events.
Peer Support Pharmacists will not be in a position to provide the following at this point:
- One to one guidance on the CPD model, the Learning Management System or the ePortfolio. Information on these items will be made available through the nationwide support sessions, small group training sessions, the website and online tools e.g. videos, webinars.
- Troubleshooting assistance with the LMS or the ePortfolio. If you are having difficulty with access or log in please access the support page on the website and if your problem is then not resolved please contact the Institute at email@example.com.
- Answers to questions relating to regulatory issues around the CPD model, these should be directed to the PSI.
- Answers to questions regarding the establishment, contractual commitments, funding and/or expenditure of the Institute. These should be directed in the first instance to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.