The programme includes a two-day course on November 20th and 21st in Dublin with pre and post-course online exercises
The aim of the programme is to enhance knowledge and skills which are particularly relevant to the leadership and management role of the Superintendent Pharmacist, to stimulate reflection and self-awareness with the ultimate aim of enhancing the quality of care provided to patients.
Participants will be required to complete pre-course self-appraisal exercises, attend the two-day face to face programme and complete post course work.
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
- describe the role and responsibilities, accountabilities and authority of the Superintendent Pharmacist
- describe the function of the Superintendent Pharmacist within a Retail Pharmacy Business
- outline corporate responsibilities and accountabilities with regard to company law (in line with the undertaking that is signed by the Superintendent Pharmacist)
- generate and implement policies, procedures and protocols for the safe and effective delivery of pharmacy services
- perform internal audit of compliance with relevant policies, procedures and protocols
- describe the principles of risk management and have the necessary tools to apply risk management to their own work environments
- describe the principles of continuous improvement and have the necessary tools to apply continuous improvement to their own work environments
- describe why performance management is important to the individual, the department and the organisation
- develop an action plan which is relevant to their role