Opioid Substitution and Needle Exchange Programme
This blended learning programme is provided by the HSE and includes an evening course in Cork on October 17th accompanied by pre and post course online learning.
Participants will be required to complete pre-course learning, attend the evening classroom event and complete a post-course learning assessment and evaluation.
Tea and coffee will be available at the venue from 19:00 and the session will commence promptly at 19:30.
At the end of this programme participants should:
- Be aware of the harms associated with substance misuse and how applying harm reduction principles can be used to reduce this harm
- Reflect on how the different harm reduction services contributes to each client’s recovery journey and to society as a whole
- Practice patient centred care and be aware of the patient’s perspective of addiction and harm reduction services
- Be cognisant of how Brief Intervention skills for addiction can lead to effective interactions with clients which may lead to positive behavioural changes
- Understand the ethos and practical aspects of pharmacy harm reduction services
- Apply acquired knowledge and understanding to be able to carry out pharmacy harm reduction services in a way that ensures the safe and rational supply of Opiate Substitution Therapy and drug consumption equipment