Diagnosis and Treatment of Suspected Narcotic (i.e. Opioid) Overdose and the Supply and Administration of Naloxone Training Programme
This blended learning programme is provided by the HSE and includes an evening course accompanied by pre and post course online learning.
Participants will be required to complete pre-course learning, attend the evening classroom event and complete a post-course learning assessment and evaluation.
Pharmacists who have successfully completed one of the following may undertake the Diagnosis and Treatment of Suspected Narcotic (i.e. Opioid) Overdose and the Supply and Administration of Naloxone Programme:
- Training on anaphylaxis management including CPR as part of the seasonal influenza vaccination training for the 2014-15 or 2015-2016 Influenza Vaccination Seasons
- Face to face CPR training which meets the standards - Cardiac First Response Community Level, PreHospital Emergency Care Council or Heartsaver® CPR AED, American Heart Association (AHA)
- Any other CPR course which the Council of the PSI may recognise from time to time.
Tea and coffee will be available at the venue from 18:30 and the session will commence promptly at 19:00.
- Start Time: 18:30PM
- End Time: 21:30PM
On successful completion of this programme, participants will:
- Understand the principles of Harm Reduction, Opioid Overdose and Safe Administration of Injections
- Prepare the pharmacy for delivery of a Pharmacy-Based Naloxone Service
- Manage the Supply and Administration of Naloxone in an Emergency Situation