This online course is divided into two distinct sections Responding to an Emergency Situation and the Management of Anaphylaxis.
This course is a 4 hour self-directed fully online training programme.
In advance of administering vaccinations and emergency medicines, pharmacists should review the PSI training requirements to ensure they have completed all the required training programmes. The PSI training requirements can be viewed here: PSI website
You must be logged in to book a place on this course.
On successful completion of this programme participants should be able to:
- Respond to, and prepare for, an emergency in the pharmacy setting
- Perform relevant diagnoses on patients in order to administer the correct medicine in an emergency situation
- Treat a patient (post drug administration) who is suffering from an adverse reaction or delayed adverse reactions
- Diagnose and treat anaphylaxis in both adults and children
- Supply and administer adrenaline to both adults and children in emergency situations