Three Part Programme - 13th, 20th and 27th of May from 7.00pm to 9.00pm
The IIOP introduced the Mentorship Skills Training Programme for Pharmacists in late 2019, facilitated by the hugely experienced team from Kingstown College in Dublin. We are delighted to announce new dates for May 2021. The programme will be delivered remotely using a webinar style format over three evening sessions on the 13th, 20th and 27th of May, please note that attendance to all three sessions is required in order to complete the training programme.
The team at Kingstown has a wealth of experience in online education, and the programme promises to be engaging and informative.
The aim of the training programme is to introduce pharmacists to recognised principles of mentorship and assist them to engage with examples and scenarios that will help them to implement these principles into their own practice. It would be particularly useful for pharmacists who have an interest in supporting colleagues and developing others. It would be anticipated that those participating in this programme would be open to initiating mentoring relationships within the profession as part of a formal mentoring programme in the future.
On completion of this programme participants should be able to:
- Understand the differences between mentoring and coaching
- Recognise the benefits of a mentoring relationship for both parties
- Describe the principles of mentoring including recognised theories and frameworks
- Describe the different types of mentoring
- Recognise what a good mentoring relationship looks like
- Identify the core skills and qualities of an effective mentor
- Identify the qualities of an effective mentee
- Understand the stages of a mentoring relationship/cycle
- Use appropriate goal-setting tools
- Demonstrate key mentoring skills
- Recognise the importance of the mentoring contract
- Understand the limitations of a mentoring relationship
- Explore the ways in which the skills, acquired in this course, can be used in practice
As the numbers are limited for this event, if you are not able to attend please use the unenrol option to allow your place be allocated to someone on the waiting list.