Irish Institute of Pharmacy Photo Competition: "Prescription for a Healthy Ireland"
The Irish Institute of Pharmacy (IIOP) are running a photo competition to coincide with the launch of our strategy “Supporting the pharmacy journey in Ireland”. The competition runs from 20th July 2015 to midnight 30th August 2015.
There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize, and the top 20 images will be displayed in a public exhibition, which will be held in RCSI on the 23rd September 2015. The top three prizes will be awarded at a prize giving ceremony at the strategy launch event in RCSI.
IMPORTANT: Please read these Terms and Conditions before entering The Irish Institute of Pharmacy (IIOP) Photography Competition (the “Competition”). This is a legally binding agreement between you (the “Participant”) and IIOP (the “Organiser”). By entering this Competition, the Participants are deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
1. The Competition will run from 20th July 2015 to 30th August 2015 (midnight). Entries received after the stipulated time will not be accepted. The Organiser will not be held responsible if any submissions are delayed due to any internet downtime.
2. The Competition is open to all photographers
3. Photographs should be submitted by completing the competition entry page on www.iiop.ie/photocomp
4. All photographs should relate to the competition theme, how pharmacy is contributing to a Healthier Ireland, capturing the diversity of pharmacists’ work across Ireland.
5. Each photo must be submitted along with a relevant photo caption or title. Entries without a photo caption or title will be disqualified.
6. Photographs can be submitted using any digital method of photography.
7. Each Participant is allowed to submit more than one entry during the Competition period, but each winner is entitled to one (1) prize only.
8. If a Participant chooses to include people in their photo, the Participant is responsible for obtaining the permission and/or necessary releases from the individuals depicted before submitting the photo.
9. All photos submitted must be of good quality and must be original, i.e. taken by the Participant. No reproduction of another person’s image is allowed.
10. A selection of entries may feature as part of a photography exhibition which will go on display on 23rd September 2015 in the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
11. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce one single high dynamic range image are allowed.
12. Photo-collaging, i.e. putting together several images, text, stickers and add-ons to make a single image, are allowed.
13. The photo submitted must NOT contain any of the inappropriate and sensitive issues that may violate the law of Ireland such as religion, racism, politics, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, abusive, drugs, nudity, and sexually-oriented etc.
14. The Organiser reserves the right to reject, disqualify and remove any entries that are found to be, or is in the opinion of the Organiser, offensive or inappropriate without any prior notice to the Participant concerned.
DETERMINATION OF FINALISTS:
1. The selection of finalists, and winners will be based on the decision of an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the organiser.
2. Submissions will be judged on originality, relevance to the competition theme, composition, creativity, technical excellence, artistic merit and overall impact. All decisions made by the Judges and the Organiser are final.
3. All decisions announced by the Organiser are deemed final and any disputes in relation to the decisions shall not be entertained.
1. All winners will be notified by telephone or email. Winners details will also be announced on the IIOP website and through the IIOP Social Media channels
2. Prizes: 1st Prize: Apple iPad Air 2, 2nd Prize: One4All Voucher to the value of €200, 3rd Prize: One4All Voucher to the value of €100
3. Prizes may be distributed at a prize giving event held in RCSI on 23rd September 2015 at the photo exhibition, winners will be invited to attend in person.
4. The winners must claim their prize within thirty (30) days from the date of notification, failing which the prize will be forfeited and the Organiser reserves the right to select another winner from all of the remaining entries at their discretion.
5. All prizes are not exchangeable for cash or other products.
1. Employees of RCSI and their partnership organisations are eligible to take part in the Competition.
2. By participating in the Competition, the Participants grant the Organiser a royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the submitted photos, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any promotional, publicity, exhibition and other purposes. The Organiser will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in regarding with such uses.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to vary any of these Terms and Conditions at any time at their absolute discretion without prior notice.