The Diagnosis and Treatment of an Acute Asthma Attack and the Supply and Administration of Salbutamol Training Programme is a self-directed online training programme which will take approximately 2 hours to complete. The programme was developed for the Irish Institute of Pharmacy (IIOP) by Hibernian Healthcare. The principal aims of this training programme are to enable pharmacists to competently and safely provide an emergency salbutamol service for the treatment of severe asthma in the pharmacy setting.
This training programme must be completed if you wish to offer a salbutamol emergency medicine service to your patients. You will also need to complete the Responding to an Emergency Service and the Management of Anaphylaxis and keep your CPR training up to date.
- Diagnose and treat an acute asthma attack
- Refresh knowledge on the properties and usage of salbutamol.
- Supply and administer salbutamol in emergency situations
- Manage possible side effects or adverse events resulting from administration of salbutamol
- Store salbutamol in line with the SmPC
- Make appropriate records following supply and administration of salbutamol in an emergency