The IIOP is delighted to offer Critical Appraisal Skills workshops this April. This workshop will be delivered virtually over Zoom on Tuesday 25 of April from 7:30pm to 9:00pm.
*** Please note, spaces are limited for this workshop, if you cannot make it, please un-enrol so that your place can be allocated to someone on the waiting list! ***
What will it involve?
The aim of the workshop is to equip pharmacists with foundation level critical appraisal knowledge and skills to interpret papers/studies/evidence and use this knowledge to support with medicine/clinical queries.
The facilitators have developed some material to read through prior to the workshops, including a short video to view.
The workshop will combine interactive teaching with small group work and discussions, with resources provided to use afterwards to consolidate your learning.
On completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the steps of evidence based practice
- Define the concept of critical appraisal in relation to clinical research;
- Recognise the most common study design types and research methodologies;
- Interpret study results, discussions, and overall quality;
- Reflect on the relevance and applicability of research findings in the context of clinical practice.