This programme is a self-directed fully online training programme which may take approximately 4-6 hours to complete. The programme was developed for the Irish Institute of Pharmacy (IIOP) by the Irish Academy of Continuing Medical Education (iaCME Ltd.) and 4Front Pharmacy Solutions Ltd.
The PSI’s Core Competency Framework (CCF) identifies a number of competencies central to pharmacists performing effectively in professional practice. “Patient Consultation Skills” has been recognised as a core competency for pharmacists, to help ensure the safe and rational use of medicines. The aim of this Consultation Skills in Pharmacy Practice training programme is to help pharmacists develop their knowledge and skills in this competency area.
At the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Identify the consultation skills required during interactions with patients, carers or healthcare professionals
- Develop effective consultation skills to competently gather information from and about patients, and interpret this information appropriately
- Understand the importance of consultation skills to other areas of the pharmacist: patient interaction, including;
- Patient management and education
- Patient communication (counselling) skills
- Identify and use consultation skills appropriate for the following;
- Medication-related consultations
- Public health related consultations
- Evaluate and reflect upon your consultation skills in a simulated or practice setting