This programme is a self-directed fully online training programme which will take approximately 2 hours to complete. The programme was developed for the Irish Institute of Pharmacy (IIOP) by Learn it Online Ltd.
The aim of this programme is to refresh and build on the existing clinical knowledge of pharmacists, with respect to Clozapine. Specifically the aim of the training is to equip pharmacists with knowledge and tools to competently and safely counsel patients who are prescribed Clozapine and to ensure safe supplies where appropriate.
You must be logged in to the IIOP website to book a place on this training programme.
By completing this training, you will:
- Update your clinical knowledge and understanding of the modes of action and uses of Clozapine,
- Acquire evidence-based knowledge of the side effects and monitoring requirements of Clozapine, particularly with regard to patient support,
- Be familiar with the relevant available clinical resources, and where these are found,
- Be able to articulate issues to be considered in ensuring the safety of people who take Clozapine,
- Be able to identify, prevent, minimise, resolve and follow-up medication safety issues associated with this medicine,
- Have the confidence to support your patients undergoing treatment with Clozapine.