This online course aims to build on your existing theoretical and practical knowledge of cardiovascular risk in the context of pharmacy in Ireland.
It should take approximately 6 hours to complete; however this does not have to take place over one sitting.
To promote effective management of hypertension and dyslipidaemia thereby assisting patients to reduce their risk of CVD.
Following completion of this course, you should be able to:
- define CVD, disease burden and public health policy in Ireland
- promote role of pharmacists in identifying and assessing CV risk factors
- use evidence-based guidelines and resources to conduct medication reviews and optimise treatment of hypertension and dyslipidaemia
- educate patients about CVD prevention, self-management and lifestyle strategies
- provide accurate and safe information to patients and HCPs on the drug management of CV risk factors
- encourage and facilitate patient adherence to medicines
- prevent/resolve problems that patients experience with medicines
- identify the need for, plan and implement new services relating to CVD prevention with a focus on optimising disease management.